This is one of mine and my family's favorite Pinterest Recipes. I have tried many recipes, some have failed, some have turned out ok, but this one is by far the best in our books!!! Its hard to find something that we will all eat and all really enjoy. I always make a batch of these along with homemade salsa and guacamole with chips. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
White Chicken Enchiladas
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (We love cheese, so I add lots more)
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
I also use tooth picks if the shells are not staying rolled tightly.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.